Saturday, March 30, 2013

As originally purchased, it was a machine designed for cruising around costal roads. I showed up to buy it, cash in hand, having never ridden a motorcycle in my entire life.  The add divulged that it might need a new stator (a mystery part to me at the time) but that it ran nicely once started.  I asked the gentleman selling it to ride around so I could hear it, then bought it on the spot for slightly less then he was asking as I clearly needed to fix a few electrical bugs.  He tossed in 3 helmets and a padded jacket so my brother wouldn't kill himself riding back to Tech Shop.  Our parting words were "Thanks, oh... first gear is down, right?" I'm sure he was terrified that we were going to immediately destroy the bike and likely ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment